Re: F-spot error

On 22:50 Tue 16 Oct     , Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:17:49 +0000
> John Masters <johnmasters@oxtedonline.net> wrote:
>
> > On 20:40 Tue 16 Oct     , Liam O'Toole wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > >                f-spot is strongly coupled to the GNOME desktop.
> > > Indeed, it is billed as "Personal photo management application for
> > > the GNOME desktop". In that environment, dbus-daemon would be
> > > launched by default. Are you running it in a different environment?
> > >
> > Nope! Running standard Gnome desktop as installed + updates daily.
> > This is my main machine and I deviate from the apt path as little as
> > possible. This is the first time I have had a real problem on this
> > machine.
> >

> Maybe the session dbus is disabled in /etc/X11/Xsession.options?

john:~$ cat /etc/X11/Xsession.options
# $Id: Xsession.options 189 2005-06-11 00:04:27Z branden $
#
# configuration options for /etc/X11/Xsession
# See Xsession.options(5) for an explanation of the available options.
allow-failsafe
allow-user-resources
allow-user-xsession
use-ssh-agent
use-session-dbus

Think I'll just file it alongside UFO's and the Bermuda Triangle.

--
Regards, John