Re: digital album making choices and photo management

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 01:29:11PM -0400, H.S. wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Could some users share their photo management experiences in Debian
> here? I have this little project at hand. The objective is to make a
> digital album of family pictures to be given to family members on a CD.
>
> I am thinking on the lines that the CD should have self contained
> digital album. The photos should be accessible directly and easily as
> well as through some sort of cross platform photo browser run directly
> from the CD.

If you just want the photoalbum (not music and other bells and whistles),
I think qdig should do it for you.  It is a gallery in one file, written
in php, so ought to be cross-platform.  It can be configured to work on
a hierarchy of directories in various ways and the 'look' is also
configurable.  You could then just access the top level directory, in
which the script sits, via a web-browser on any computer with a webserver.

There is no Debian package AFAIK but it is easily available as a
tarball.

HTH

--
richard