Re: offline news reader

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 17:03:30 -0500
"Mumia W.." <paduille.4061.mumia.w+nospam@earthlink.net> wrote:

Hello Mumia,

> Pan 0.132 does do offline news reading. It's called "article caching"

Article caching is fine, but it's not ideally suited to OLR use. To
work effectively as an OLR, new Pan would have to have D/L headers &
articles functionality.

Currently, the only way to cache articles is by selecting each
group's messages then performing an "Article/cache".  This is not
suitable behaviour for somebody on a dial-up account, paying by the
minute, because it adds to the time taken.  They need to be able to go
online, slurp the news, go off line, read messages, write replies, then

> What do you mean by "isn't fully featured"?

The above, for a start.  Charles would admit that new Pan is still very
much a WIP, I'm sure.

--
 Regards  _

Drums quite good, bass is too loud, and I can't hear the words
Sound Of The Suburbs - Members