OT: Latest mythtv upgrade fails, possible solution

With the latest Etch mythtv upgrade, I got no video and this error message:

 NVP: Timed out waiting for free video buffers

Following the the web page below, I disabled the "Enable OpenGL vertical sync for timing" under mythtv's playback option, which seems to have corrected the problem. I have not tested it enough to be sure.

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Troubleshooting:NVP:_Timed_out_waiting_for_free_video_buffers

There are many anomalies with this "fix." The page is old and attributes the problem to Nvidia graphics drivers, but I am using ATI. Another is that it instructs you to also disable GLX in the X server.

I don't know if this is a real bug, much less how to report it. Thanks for any replies.