Re: Mysql Database installation problem

three things:

1) don't cc: me, I subscribe to the list and will read your mail
   there.
2) please try to read and actually follow the instructions from
   others. you are wasting all of our time by ignoring the advice of
   others as we now have to repeat instructions.
3) please don't top-post and please do trim out extraneous
   information. It just get's in the way.

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 03:18:49PM -0400, anand@drtc.isibang.ac.in wrote:
> Thanx for your help,
>
> According to the instructions given my Adrian, i tried to remove
> php-sqlite but it throwing the following errors-

you need to read Florian Kuzler's mail and follow his advice. He knows
what he's talking about and will systematically help you clean up this
situation.

What he is trying to do is figure out why apache isn't
restarting. This is because apache is throwing errors that are causing
dpkg to fail. You cannot do *anything* else with dpkg or the apt
system until you fix this because it will keep trying to finish the
installation of php-sqlite before it moves on to other things.

As I said before:

> > this is the killer here. With `invoke-rc.d apache2 restart` failing,
> > you're not going to get anywhere. Find out why apache2 won't restart,
> > fix that problem and then this should all clear out.

That is what Florian is attempting to get you to do, so follow his
advice.

Don't do other things as they will only complicate the situation.

just in case you need it, here is the link to what you need to do:

follow those instructions and post the results to the list.