Xorg.0.log snippet question

I have a gateway ev910 monitor horizontal display is 360MM and vertical display length is 270MM. I'm trying to get the G.U.I. environment up so I can test gnome-orca a bit and use that part of the system. I need the speech not magnification or braille. I installed the desktop environment with tasksel and also installed gnome-orca and its dependencies. I tried to get the system up and going after that. The screen pops 6 times on the way in three sets of two pops and then the xserver errors out. I have the fixed font on this system too in /usr/share/consolefonts.

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

What could be going on here and what could be done to work around this?