Re: DHCP & apache errors. [was: Many problems.......]

anand@drtc.isibang.ac.in <anand@drtc.isibang.ac.in>:

>  recently installed Debian Eatch and I'm getting following problems-
>
>  1. Some times my IP number is getting changed to some unknown IP
>  numbers and after that I'm not able to connect to Internet. (we are
>  having DHCP)

Where is the dhcp server?  Is that on your router or at your ISP?  If
your router, it's misconfigured so fix it.  If ISP, complain to ISP.
Whatever do you mean by "some unknown IP numbers"?  "... connect to
Internet" with what?  A router, or from your desktop behind a router?

>  2. From boot-up-manager, i'm not able to run apache server and
>  whenever I'm trying to start the service its showing error.

And the the error is ... what?  What do you mean by "boot-up-manager"?