Re: Proxy settings not released

On 14/10/2007, jekillen <jekillen@prodigy.net> wrote:
> Hello:
> I had set up a web proxy for my Debian installation and have
> tried to undo the setup. But the proxy, a Mac OSX machine,
> is still used by the Debian installation, in this manner:
> I have Apache2 installed and have set up a localhost index
> page. It has a link to the Apache server on the Mac OSX
> machine. The link goes like this:

> The persistent problem is that the local href http://192.168.1.4/content
> is getting rewritten to http://127.0.0.1/content and the request
> fails. This happens in every browser I have installed on the Debian
> system: Konqueror, Galeon, Iceweasel, Epiphany.
> ( I do web design and development and want to test the content in as
> many
> browsers as I can have access to)

If you have tried this with so many different browsers and removed the
proxy configuration logic didctates that the problem may be elsewhere.

Personally i'd be looking at the configuration of the apache web server.

More details about your setup are required. Please provide an nmap for
each computer, which computer has the apache server installed and a
copy of its /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/* files please.

<Snipped>

Adrian
--
24x7x365 != 24x7x52 Stupid or bad maths?
apartment it is.