Re: X may be corrupted

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 14:32:33 -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I read the messages but didn't notice the echo part of that command.  I
> wrote that line on braille paper.  I also tried it and wc doesn't give 0 0
> 0 back for xorg.conf anymore now something like 64 lines are in it. Thanks
> much for the help provided with the troubleshooting on this configuration.

The "echo ... | debconf-set-selections" command is not given in the
bugreport, but it does the same thing as the manual editing of the
debconf database that was suggested. I figured it might be easier to run
this one-liner than to edit the file directly.

If you want you can send me your xorg.conf and I will tell you if it
looks normal. If I have confirmation that the debconf-set-selection
trick works then I will add this information to the bug report.

          Florian   |