Re: X may be corrupted

On Sat, Oct 13, 2007 at 12:34:24 -0500, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> After running tasksel and removing the checkmark from desktop environment
> what else will need to be done to completely purge X from this system? I'm
> thinking it could be corrupted and if so in a little while will try a fresh
> install and see if I can get beyond this dexconf error.

Before you throw out the baby with the bath water, did you try the
workaround given for bug #443004? From reading the bug report I get the
impression that using

echo "xserver-xorg shared/default-x-server select xserver-xorg" | debconf-set-selections

should allow you to run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg" successfully
afterwards.

          Florian   |