cannot get mathml fonts to work in Iceape or Iceweasel

Hello,

I am trying to follow instructions to install TrueType mathml fonts in
Debian Testing from this web page:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/

I think I have succeeded in installing the fonts (see the output of some
commands below). But I am not able to get proper rendering on this page:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/texvsmml.xhtml

Basically, I copied the ttf files to my ~/.fonts, ran 'fc-cache -fc ./'
in that directory and listed the fonts. Mozilla also sees the Math
fonts, but it seems to not know about them when it comes to using them
on a web page. Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong?

thanks,
->HS

After installing ttf fonts, here is what I get in my ~/.fonts directory:
$> ls
fonts.cache-1  math1m__.ttf  math2m__.ttf  math3m__.ttf  math4m__.ttf
math5m__.ttf      texcm-ttf
fonts.dir      math1___.ttf  math2___.ttf  math3___.ttf  math4___.ttf
math5___.ttf
math1b__.ttf   math2b__.ttf  math3b__.ttf  math4b__.ttf  math5b__.ttf
MathematicaFonts
math1mb_.ttf   math2mb_.ttf  math3mb_.ttf  math4mb_.ttf  math5mb_.ttf
Symbol

$> fc-list | grep -i math
Math4:style=Bold
Math5:style=Bold