Re: debian kernel bugs / or is it grub?

David Brodbeck wrote:

On Oct 12, 2007, at 11:25 AM, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:

I ask because all those errors you posted make me still think you've
got some hardware problem. BUt I'm no expert by far.

Just as an aside, I've had occasional problems with Linux on machines that had IDE hard drives set to "cable select" mode. Manually jumpering them to master and slave fixed it. Windows worked fine on the same systems.

My two IDE drives are configured as Master and Slave by jumper settings. Not by cable select. With my drive configuration already 4 other Linux distributions work fine: Fedora 7 (no problem), Ubuntu 7.10 (no problem), Mandriva 2008.0 (no problem), OpenSuse 10.3 (although on another drive - no problem)