Bcc header in mails sent with mutt trough exim4 doesn't get striped

Hi

I use on my laptop exim4 in combination with mutt. The versions are
the following:
---(snip: dpkg --list exim4 mutt)---
ii  exim4              4.68-1             meta-package to ease Exim MTA (v4) installation
ii  mutt               1.5.16-3           text-based mailreader supporting MIME, GPG, PGP and
---(snap)---------------------------

Now my problem is: If I use some adress in the Bcc header, they does
not get striped when exim4 send's them. In the NEWS.Debian.gz of mutt
I read:

---(snip: README.Debian.gz)---
We no longer unset write_bcc in /etc/Muttrc. If your MTA does not strip Bcc:
headers, edit /etc/Muttrc. (exim4 and postfix strip them, exim(3) does not.)
We also no longer unset use_from and use_domain. Mutt will use the contents
of /etc/mailname to determine the domain part of the From: header.
---(snap)---------------------

I configured my exim4 to send mails via a smarthost, and retrieving
mails via fetchmail.

When I set write_bcc="no" in my mutt configuration files, then it
work's fine, but then the problem is, that in my sent-folder I get lost
the bcc-headers.

Can someone give my a hint to this "issue"? (Where I probably
missconfigured something?!). Even it's a "read man $foo", since I does
not see, where the fault is.
Tanks very much in advance,

Best Regards,
Salvatore