Re: Konqueror File Association Pattern

On Fri, Oct 12, 2007 at 17:57:35 +0200, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> in a fit of "click before you think" I mistakenly assigned a file
> association pattern to Kile for directories (thinking I was clicking on a
> .tex file). Now, when I click on a directory, Kile is opened, which of
> course makes no sense, especially because I cannot open directories with
> the left mouse button any more.

Of course, I had to try this myself immediately...

(It works.)

> I have looked in Konqueror->Settings->Configure Konqueror -> File
> Associations, but I am not able to find anything for directory. Does anyone
> have any idea of how to remove the association?

You can undo this in the "File Association" menu by going to "inode >
directory". In the "Embedding" tab, check "Show file in embedded viewer"
or "Use settings for 'inode' group".

If you furthermore remove Kile from the list in the "General" tab then
it will no longer appear as an option in the right-click "Open with"
menu for directories.

          Florian   |