Default Gnome2 Font

Hi all.
Few days ago it's arrived my new laptop :-D
I install on it the debian lenny via netinstall.
This time i choose "Desktop Environment" from the installer cd (usually start with "base system" and then upgrade with window manager packages - of course, only on user laptop :-D).

All work good.
On my display (14.1 inches at 1400x1050) gnome 2 is fantastic.
Then, i choose to modify my /etc/apt/source.list changing "lenny" to "testing".
And upgrade all upgradable.

All work good again.
But...fonts on gnome 2 is now strange: seems big and bold (seems to use "magnify" :-)).

Can anyone help me to do my gnome beautiful?
What could happened to the font configuration?
Who can tell me if the default "clean" gnome2 fonts configuration is now usable?

Thanks and feel free to ask me more details...