Re: DISK MIGHT NOT BE SPUN DOWN PROPERLY ...

On Fri October 12 2007 07:46, Gerard Robin wrote:
> Hello,
> when I stop my box (sid amd64) with:
> sudo halt (or shutdown -h now)
> I get this message:
>
> DISK MIGHT NOT BE SPUN DOWN PROPERLY UPDATE SHUTDOWN UTILITY
>
> Why do I get this message and what does it mean ?

I get this message too, also on an amd64 box running testing. I suspect that
it is incorrect since I have not had problems before and don't seem to have
any problems now.

Something to keep an eye on though, but I suspect it is new/untested software
in testing/unstable and will clear up in time.