I can't calibrate my touchscreen

Hi everyone, I have some difficulties calibrating my touchscreen that
I just installed.
I installed my touchscreen on debian with penmount driver for DMC9000
controller (my touchscreen is connected on /dev/ttyS1)

Now I can move the mouse cursor with the touchscreen, but there is
like a mirror behaviour, whenever I touch and try move the mouse
cursor to
the right, the mouse cursor moves left, when I go up, it goes down.

I tried using the calibration tool to calibrate the touchscreen (adv-
calib)
The calibration tool prompted me to touch the red square at the top
left hand corner, but no matter how many times I press on the
touchscreen at the red square, it doesn't go to the next step, it's
just stuck there.

Any one has any idea as to why is it like that?

Any help is appreciated

Thank you
Regards,
Tony