Re: How to wifi with ipw3945 on Dell Vostro ???

Joost Kraaijeveld wrote:
Hi,

I am running Debian Lenny on a Dell Vostro laptop which has a ipw3945
wifi card.

The card is recognised by the software and it even works somehow  (I can
see all the wifi networks in my building using wifi-radar). But whatever
I do I cannot get a  (DHCP) ip address from my Zyxel AP which is using a
WEP key (and it did when I still used Windows Vist so I know for a fact
that it is possible).
Does anyone have any idea of how to get this card talking to my WEP AP?

TIA

Some maybe useful info:

***************** /etc/network/interfaceses:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

Did you install network-manager and network-manager-(gnome|kde)? If so, the above two lines is all that you should have in /etc/network/interfaces

nm-applet GUI will let enter all the options needed, including WEP key.

Sarunas Burdulis