Trying to find 80wire ide extension cable in France

Sorry for posting this here. I've got one fixed drive, vertical on the front
of the machine. the other drives are accessed using a 5 1/4 slot hard drive
caddy. This is a carrier that fits in one of my 5 1/4 slots, and I have
numerous harddrives in drawers that slot into the caddy.

The problem I have is with the ide ribbon cable. It's not long enough to
connect to both drives, because of their locations. I bought the only
extension cable available in the UK a 40 wire one, and had this connected to
the harddrive caddy. The end of the 80 wire cable was conected to the fixed
data drive. I was constantly getting bootup problems, so swapped the
connections to the 2 drives. Now, whichever OS I boot, boots ok with no
problems, but I see on the bootup text complaints about the 40 wire extension
cable that's connected to hdb, like "this is only a 40 wire cable and this
drive will be treated as ata33".

Obviously I need an 80 wire extension to resolve the problem.

Is there anyone on this list living in France, that knows where to get some 80
wire extension cables.

Just a little problem I'd like to resolve.

Any help as always appreciated.

Nigel.