Re: xfce window manager

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 09:25:07PM +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> I have just one question about xfce, which I'm now using as my window
> manager of choice: is it possible to tell it to start windows maximized?

I don't think so. You'll have to tweak the launchers to call the apps
with a size that you like.

or switch to a tiling wm. I suppose you could, if there are other
featuers of xfce you want, but like the always maximised aspect of a
tiling wm, you could replace xfdesktop (I think that the wm component)
with that tiling wm. Not sure how well that would work though.

a command like

killall xfdesktop && <tiling-wm>

followed up with saving the session should do the trick.