Re: not prettey! Display problem

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 04:57:36PM +0200, Chris wrote:

> oh.... I'm using an ati driver.  It happens in XFCE too, not just KDE.
>
> Say, doesn't that suggest that its not the hardware or even the driver??

nope. It suggests its not in some layer higher up than xorg. So it
could be in xorg or its drivers or below (hardware).

try booting a live-cd with (hopefully) a differnt version of xorg and
see what happens. If the problem persists, then its likely hardware,
because the live-cd will almost surely eliminate *all* the other
variables (kernel, xorg version, wm version etc).