Re: Installation question

jekillen wrote:
[...]
>  I want to install KDE and noticed that among the 24 cds there
> is one labeled KDE install 1.
> Does that mean that that cd would install the system with KDE
> and not Gnome?

I think that this is a bootable installation disc. If you install from it, your
system will have KDE _instead_ of Gnome. As you want both desktops, there is no
point in reinstalling using this disc.

> (I actually want both because some apps run under one or the
> other and not both).
[...]

You can run KDE apps under Gnome (and vice versa). Just install them. :) If they
need any KDE-specific files, they will get installed automatically.

If you want to install the KDE desktop, just install the "kde" package using
Synaptic. You can choose whether to use KDE or Gnome at the graphical login
screen. You can also set a default there so that you don't have to choose each time.

--
Chris.