Re: Installation question

jekillen wrote:

[...]
> Is apt-cdrom add a command line program? I did not see it in administration
> menu, only Synaptic which when launched presented dialogs about
> Debian site files being no existent. [...]

You can add CDROMs from within Synaptic - no need for the command line:

	Edit -> Add CD-ROM

Or, you can check the repositories currently listed in /etc/apt/sources.list
from within Synaptic:

	Settings -> Repositories

and add CDs from there using the "Add Cdrom" button.

You probably want to get Debian packages via the internet instead, in which case
you should have a repository similar to

	deb http://ftp.uk.debian.org/debian/ etch main non-free contrib

--
Chris.