Re: Installation question

On Oct 9, 2007, at 9:15 PM, David Fox wrote:

On 10/9/07, jekillen <jekillen@prodigy.net> wrote:
Greetings:
I am impatient and am having a problem with my installation of
etch. I purchased a commercially available Debian cd package
and installed the system without a problem. But I am tying to

Well, if you have the CD's readily available, have you "fed" them to
the system via apt-cdrom add?
Is apt-cdrom add a command line program? I did not see it in administration
menu, only Synaptic which when launched presented dialogs about
Debian site files being no existent. I am not sitting at the machine at
this moment so I cannot reproduce the exact lines and error messages.
i found aptitude also but am at a loss as to how to proceed.
This is stuff either I have missed or it is not part of what I have to hand.
I presume there would be man pages for these programs(?)

I am strung between two worlds, gui ala Mac and command line Unix.

Regardless, thanks so much for the info. It is giving me some direction
Jeff K