Re: On defense of the sshd crackers

Raquel wrote:

> This is a solution.  But, what about people who have dynamic IP
> addresses?  Everyone from AOL gets blocked from accessing anything
> on your server(s)?

If I get a ping request from say 1.1.1.1 then I add that IP address to my
block list. If I see a lot of IP addresses in the same range like 1.1.1.2,
1.1.1.3 etc., then I add 1.1.1. so that all the 1.1.1.* will be denied ssh
access.

The dynamic IP address is indeed an issue which I havenot thought of. But so
far I haven't been inconvenienced by it. Thanks for pointing it out.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/