Re: gnome alarm clock / egg timer?

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 10:44:43AM -0700, Tyler MacDonald wrote:
> Is there some sort of simple application out there for GNOME that acts like
> an egg timer? You know, i enter in an amount of time, can watch it tick
> down, and have it make some sort of loud obnoxious sound when it's done?

Other than the obnxious sound or custom command, there's stopwatch.
However, to change the sound, the docs say that you have to change the
source.

I have on my todo list to write a program in Python for this.  Some sort
of multi-timer, but I haven't needed it for a while.

If you don't need to see it counting down, there's remind.  It runs from
a terminal but it will run any command.  You could combine it with
whatever that X version of dialog is that pops up messages, and you
could have it play a sound or something.  I don't have it installed
right now (I bought a Palm) to read the man page.  I think you could run
a loop (with a 1s sleep) that asked remind what was due.

Doug.