Dell Vostro 1700 sound problem

Hi,

I have a brand new Dell Vostro 1700 that works nicely with Debian Lenny
AMD64 latest version of everything.

It appears to do what it should do except the sound: I cannot get it to
make any sound (which it did under the factory installed Windows Vista).
Although I like it to be quite sometimes I really would like to hear my
MP3 collection with rather loud hardrock.

Is there anyone with a similar computer that actually has sound? Anyone
any suggestion of how to get te sound working?

TIA

--
Groeten,

Joost Kraaijeveld