Re: gnome alarm clock / egg timer?

On Tuesday 09 October 2007 13:56, Russell L. Harris wrote:
> * Tyler MacDonald <tyler@yi.org> [071009 12:49]:
> > Is there some sort of simple application out there for GNOME that acts
> > like an egg timer? You know, i enter in an amount of time, can watch it
> > tick down, and have it make some sort of loud obnoxious sound when it's
> > done?
> >
> > 	Thanks,
> > 		Tyler
>
> About a year ago I tried sanduhr ("sand clock"), but I didn't manage
> to get it working right.
>
> I shall be watching this thread with interest; I also need a good egg
> timer.
>
> RLH
I did a cursory look around as I recall there was exactly such an applet
available (gnome I think) several years ago. Couldn't find it anywhere.
However from the FYI category; in the overkill subsection; there is "Gourmet"
a complete recipe management system that I have been using for a couple of
years that does have such a timer built in. It is available as a debian
package & I currently have it running on Etch.

I wonder why there is no KDE or gnome applet for a simple timer.
John W. Foster