Re: Cannot apt-get update

On 09/10/2007, Kumar Appaiah <akumar@iitm.ac.in> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 08:06:39PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Thank you Gerard. OT, but is there a general way to check what
> > distro/version any *nix installation is? Today I'm playing with a
> > friend's Debian system, at home I've Ubuntu and Fedora, and tomorrow I
> > might sit at an OpenSuse machine. I like to learn distro-ambiguous
> > tools.
>
> This might be useful:
> http://chennailug.org/wiki/?title=Find_your_distro

Nice script. Note that there's quite a bit of spam on that page. If
you're a member of that wiki, then I suggest that you erase it. I
don't want to register, and I could not find the address of anyone
responsible at the chennailug website. Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il