Re: which initrd to pur on USB memory stick?

I resorted sentences in your mail to answer two different things mixed
inside:

On 09.10.07 17:51, Wei Wang wrote:
> What do you mean by "EXPLICITLY request them"?
[...]
> Have you ever read the Debian installation guide before you install
> Debian?

explicit request is, when someone posts to the list with disclaimer "please
send cc to me", or probably sets header "Mail-Followup-To:" to lists AND
personal address. I did neither one.

<irony>
...have you ever read the Debian Mailins Lists code of conduct before you
read and post to them?
</irony>

> Do I violate Debian lists policy?

<cite>
When replying to messages on the mailing list, do not send a carbon copy
(CC) to the original poster unless they explicitly request to be copied.
</cite>

Yes, you do.

> You are trying to put debian installer on an USB memory stick. I recalled
> my memory and found the URL for you.

You are wrong. I know how to put debian installer on my memory stick, I
already did it, and I also read the installation giude, which says:

<cite>
If you want to install over the network, without using an ISO image, you
will of course skip the previous step. Moreover you will have to use the
initial ramdisk from the netboot directory instead of the one from hd-media,
because hd-media/initrd.gz does not have network support.
</cite>

This is why I asked which initrd.gz supports all ways of booting. the
netboot/debian-installer/i386/initrd.gz is biggest one, but I don't know if
it supports installing from CD, or the stick itself.

And YES, I did RTFM before posting here.
Linux is like a teepee: no Windows, no Gates and an apache inside...