Re: mdadm, partitioned array

Adding some more info:

I killed my raid 5 and created a raid 0 instead. After creating the single raid 0 array, I partitioned it into 2 parititions. Formatted and mounted both and ran the same speed tests. Both tests turned out normal. Then, I killed the raid 0 and instead created 2 raid 5 arrays. Formatted and mounted each raid 5 array and their speed tests were both normal.

So, as far as I can tell, I only see the slow down on the first partition of a partitioned single raid 5 array. (Didn't test raid 1 or raid 10)

Interesting results.
I wonder if anyone else has a partitioned raid 5 array and have normal speed results?

Thanks,
Cheers,
Mike