Re: which initrd to pur on USB memory stick?

On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 12:24:54AM +0200, Thierry Chatelet wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 October 2007 00:11, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> >
> > I'm trying to put debian installer on an USB memory stick. Even if there is
> > space for full ISO, I'd like to have possibility of installing from CDROM
> > or network, if possible. Is this possible? which initrd to use for this
> > case?
> >
> > Although "vmlinuz" seems to be the same (6 hard links), the initrd comes in
> > 3 variants (cdrom, hd-media, netboot) ans each has gtk/ flavour (it that
> > support for graphics installation?).
> >
> > Which initrd.gz should I put on the stick?
> >

> The one from hd-media

Then put either the netinst.iso or the full CD1 binary iso on the
USB-stick.  If ever you want to install from CD, just take the stick to
a computer with a burner and burn that ISO image.

I also include all my essential user and system data on my 4 GB USB
stick so that it, in combination with an internet connection, provides
everything I need for a full bare-metal-recovery.  For completeness, I
also put on a grml.iso.

Doug.