Re: not prettey! Display problem

andy wrote:
Chris wrote:
Hi,

when I start a KDE-Session I get several flashing pixels on the upper edge of my display, that leave holes in windows that are dragged accross them (see picture with holes in the blue margin of the konsole window).

When I switch to a text console (ctrl-alt-f1) and back the problem dissapears. Any clues as to where to problem could lie?

I have kde 2.5.7.  My xorg packages and conf are listed below.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Chris

I'm no expert, but the last time I saw this kind of thing was when my partner's graphics card was beginning to die on her. Can you test it on any other WM/DE?

I was going to say the same. Every time I have seen display corruption on the desktop it has been because of either a video card going bad or corrupt drivers. Also an overheating card might do the same.

Sam