Re: Converting mp3 to audio CDs

Chris Lale wrote:
andy wrote:
Hello

I have a friend who has requested that I dump a selection of mp3s onto a
CD for him, but he lacks a computer-based media player. Is there an
application that does the mp3 to audio-CD conversion so that the end
product can be used on a stand alone CD player? Do I need to have
anything in addition to the mp3 file in order to do this?

There are probably many ways to do this. I would suggest "sox" to convert the
mp3 files to wav, and "k3b" to create the audio tracks from the wav files.

>From the man page for sox:
DESCRIPTION
       SoX is a command line program that can convert most popular audio files
       to most other popular audio file formats.

Hi Chris

OK - so a *.wav file format is that which will play on an audio CD player? Thanks for that. I'll read up on sox never having used it before. Burning to a CD is straight forward enough.

Cheers

Andy