Re: codecs for ripping CDs to mp3

Florian Lindner wrote:
Am Montag, 8. Oktober 2007 schrieb andy:
Hi all

In either Grip or RipperX when I want to rip a CD to mp3 it seems that I
am only able to do so in an ogg vorbis format. I have nothing against
*.ogg, although some of my friends seem to have difficulty when I want
to share music samples with them. Is there an encoder or codec (?) that
I am needing to rip to mp3 formats?

Check if lame is installed.

Regards,

Florian

Hi again Florian

Yes, Lame is installed and is the latest. I guess then that the issue is just configuring it properly in the application.

Thanks. If I get stuck, I'll come back and pursue this further.

Cheers

Andy