codecs for ripping CDs to mp3

Hi all

In either Grip or RipperX when I want to rip a CD to mp3 it seems that I am only able to do so in an ogg vorbis format. I have nothing against *.ogg, although some of my friends seem to have difficulty when I want to share music samples with them. Is there an encoder or codec (?) that I am needing to rip to mp3 formats?

Thanks