Re: Dovecot duplicating emails

Alexander:

> Almost all (not quite all) emails that arrive and sit in the Inbox get
> copied and appear 2x, 3x . . the longer I leave it the more copies I get.
> This happens only to emails received during a Thunderbird session. If I
> shut TBird down and restart, only the emails received after the restart
> will be affected.

Very strange. Are you using Dovecot from etch or a version from
backports.org? I suggest you use the latter since etch's version has
known problems. (I haven't heard of this problem, though.)

Still, I am having trouble to imagine how Dovecot might responsible for
this strange behaviour. I'd try another client and see whether the
problem persists.

Another point-of-failure might lie in your mail delivery program. How
are mails delivered to your maiboxes?

J.
--
People talking a foreign language are romantic and mysterious.
[Agree]   [Disagree]