Re: Anyone got realtime on Lenny now that schedutils is no more?

On Fri, Oct 05, 2007 at 20:50:46 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> I've got realtime working on Etch, with a realtime kernel from the musix repo,
> along with rtirq, and schedutils as a dependency to rtirq. Saying that, rtirq
> doesn't appear to be running, but the chrt tool in schedutils has worked
> around the problem, and I have my soundcard set up with a prio of 90, and no,
> or nearly no xruns. Just one every 6m 25secs, and only of 0.250 msecs.
>
> Moving on to Lenny, and after a bit of googling, schedutils appears to now be
> merged into util-linux. I have util-linux installed, but looking at the
> installed files for it in synaptic, I don't see chrt, which is one of the old
> schedutils tools that I need to be able to set realtime priorities for the
> soundcard. In Etch chrt is in /usr/bin. Looking in Lenny, it doesn't exist.

[...]

> So, just how can I get a realtime kernel running on Lenny now that schedutils
> is no longer available?

Having taken a quick look at the dependencies, I would think that you
can install Sid's current version (2.13-8) of util-linux on a Lenny
system. This one includes /usr/bin/chrt. (The problem is that Lenny is
still stuck at Etch's version of util-linux, which assumes that
schedutils is available as a separate package.)

          Florian   |