Re: Xsane does not recognize scanner

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:21:35 -0400
Tom Ashley <tomashleyjr@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Tom,

> is a USB connected Epson Perfection 1260. It worked perfectly under
> Mandriva Linux; however, Xsane under Debian shows no devices
> available.

Before going to deep, make sure the user trying to access the scanner
is actually a member of the scanner group.

I recall having similar problems (scanner was recognised, but couldn't
use it) and that it was rectified as above.

--
 Regards  _

The public gets what the public wants
Going Underground - The Jam