Re: Math Package to Solve Linear Equations?

Thomas H. George wrote:
I'm feeling stupid. I used to have a math package which inverted matrices to solve systems of linear equations - i.e. enter the matrix and the y values and the program inverts the matrix and reports the x values. I know how to do it manually but it is laborious for large matrices. Perhaps Openoffice.calc/solver does this but it is not clear to me how to enter data for solver to do this. apt-cache search matrix |grep inversion doesn't turn up anything.

Would someone please beat me over the head and point me to a simple package to do this job?

Tom George

maybe octave?

Raj Kiran