Nagios For Debian

Is anyone else using Nagios on Debian Etch? I've got it set up for
monitoring Linux and Windows servers, but the check_snmp plugin won't
compile. The Nagios FAQ says it must be missing SNMP packages, but
Synaptic reports they're all installed.

Checking the list of Nagios Plugins for the Debian install, I don't even
see check_snmp listed any more. I have MRTG up and running on the same
box, so I know at least the SNMP packages needed for MRTG are there.

I've posted a message to the Nagios mailing list as well, but haven't
gotten any response. Hoping there's some Debian Nagios users on here.

Thanks in advance,

Joel