Re: Converting sxw files to ps or pdfs

On Thu, 2007-04-10 at 11:53 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 10/04/07 11:27, Bill wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-04-10 at 06:33 -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >> * Bill <bill3@uniserve.com> [2007 Oct 04 06:21 -0500]:

> >> .sxw would be the old Star Office format files so modern tools would
> >> probably work with .odt files which are Open Document Format (ODF).
> >> Other than opening the files in OOo and printing to a file. which
> >> results in a .ps output, there doesn't seem to be an outside converter.
> >>
> >> - Nate >>
> >  Yes this is an older version of OO but like you say there
> > isn't an external filter such as pdf2ps. The problem though
> > remains the same - bulk conversion - so the export to pdf and
> > print to file .ps options are useless because they're done one
> > at a time. It would take me a week to get the job done.
> >
> > It's a definite shortcoming in OO.
>
> AbiWord might be able to do what you want.

No I checked. There is a difference between internal file formats
and exportable or print-to-file formats. This secondary support
can be applied only to one file at a time. It's a time consuming
and error prone process when you're looking at a massive mail
merge. You just know you're going to get 10-20% errors - typos,
omissions, misnaming etc. <shudder>.

	b.