Re: Cannot run iceweasel on remote host

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:44:24 -0400
"Manu Hack" <manuhack@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/3/07, Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 03 Oct 2007 18:08:29 +0530
> > Raj Kiran Grandhi <grajkiran@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am facing a weird problem when trying to run iceweasel on a
> > > remote host through an ssh session. I have logged into the remote
> > > host using "ssh -Y <remote>" and at the prompt of the remote
> > > host, I ran iceweasel. However it appears that a local instance
> > > of iceweasel is started. There is no iceweasel/firefox process at
> > > all on the remote host. The only way I could get iceweasel to run
> > > on the remote host is by closing all instances of iceweasel
> > > already running on the localhost.
> > >
> > > Is something wrong?
> >
> > No, it's a feature :-)
> >
> > > If not, how do I run separate instances of
> > > iceweasel concurrently?
> >
> > Invoke iceweasel on the remote host by issuing the command
> > 'iceweasel -no-remote'.
>
> It doesn't work for me.  It still gave me a box saying: "Iceweasel is
> already running, but is not responding.  To open a new window, you
> must first close the existing Iceweasel process, or restart your
> system.  Any clue?
>
> Manu

I'm not sure sure what you are trying to do, or how you are going
about it. Let's assume that you wish to connect to an existing
iceweasel instance from a remote host.

First, try connecting from the same host. On that host, try the
command 'iceweasel -new-window http://www.debian.org'. What happens?

--

Liam