Re: trying to record sound with 'arecord' A SOLUTION - POSTSCRIPT

On Wednesday 03 October 2007 16:49, David Fox wrote:
> On 10/3/07, tom arnall <kloro2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> > yes to both. i used alsa mixer to set the mic level. i'm using a headset
> > and when i do input to the mic i can hear it in the headphones.
>
> having never tried arecord I tried it out - on lenny there seems to be
> a problem in that it can't open the device. I haven't had a microphone
> hooked up to this system (I have a SBLive card) in quite sometime -
> since before the move in May, and this used to work.
>
> I was about to suggest audacity, but that didn't work either - still
> tells me that it cant open the sound device.
>
> Of course, the thing has played sound with no problems - it's just
> that I haven't had a need to use the microphone, but figured I might
> as well give it a try.
>
> What do you get using rec?
>
> > tom arnall

check out:

	http://www.flaterco.com/kb/audio.html

under 'RECORD'. worked for me. also make sure you've set up alsa. i have to
do:

	sudo /usr/src/modules/alsa-driver/snddevices

hope it works for you.

ACTUALLY I ENABLED 'MIC', NOT 'AUX' IN THE ALSAMIXER CAPTURE SETUP. 'AUX'
DIDN'T WORK FOR ME.