[Fwd: Re: cdrecord vs. wodim again]

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 03:46:51PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
steef(steefvanduin@zonnet.nl) is reported to have said:
hi all and *especially jörg s., long-term initiator of cdrecord and cdrtools*.

two weeks ago i asked on this list 'what is better': cdrecord or wodim. on one of the responses i answered that the most recent version of cdrecord/cdr-tools completely damaged two brandnew cdrom's. jörg asked me for more info: and here comes some.

1. only one cd/dvd-burner om my machine produced this undesirable effect. a couple of other burners worked flawlessly with the most recent bêta of jörg sch. so it could be that jörg did not make this beta recognize this burner: see /dev/hdb (from dmesg |less): hda: MAXTOR STM3250820A, ATA DISK drive
hdb: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173A, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
Probing IDE interface ide1...
hdc: ST3120026A, ATA DISK drive
Right!  Neither cdrecord or wodim can burn to a _Hard Disk_.

where do you get this? He provided no info on what command he used and
if you look, hdb is clearly an optical drive... are you drinking too
much coffee? ;)

hi andrew,

........ i used the normal command(s):

something like: