Re: /etc/timezone got lost

On  5 sep 2007, peetz@scai.fraunhofer.de wrote:

> During one of the last upgrades of the package tzdata on testing
> (Lenny/Sid) the file /etc/timezone was deleted and not re-created.
> Has anyone else experienced this?
> With the command
> dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
> /etc/timezone is restored.

I had the same difficulty on my etch box: suddenly all times were in
UTC, rather than the expected BST.  Re-running tzconfig fixed the
problem for me.

It's rather distressting to have something like this happen for no
discernible reason (apart from security upgrades, I hadn't installed
anything) so it would be nice to get to the bottom of it.

--
Gaute Strokkenes