Re: Thinking about devoting a serious part of my life to linux...

> > i like the idea of using free software to monitor and protect a
> > network, and I hope to make a career out of it...does anyone have
> > any tips as to what i should concentrate on?

 I would suggest a degree in something computer network related and some certifications. If you look through the ads you will find most places of business want credentials, experience, or both. They do NOT want - I read 10 books and taught myself networking.