package system broken by aptitude removing cupsys -- correction

I did an experiment that makes a liar out of me: I installed
lenny and BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE I removed cupsys.  Bafflingly,
it worked fine.

So I reviewed what I had done the last time, and, yes, I had installed
a few other packages before attempting to remove cupsys.  They were:
emacs, cvs, ssh-server, and, very interestingly, python-2.5.

I think if you install lenny from netinst, then install python-2.5 and
*then* attempt to remove cupsys, the problem will be reproduced.

So maybe it's a problem with the python-2.5 package, after all.

Steve