Re: debian base system install

John Pycroft wrote:
i am a new user and i'm trying to install your current version of debian GNU/Linux 4.0r1 os on my GigaByte P4 desktop PC.
every time i run the base system installer, it spends a long time on initamfs-tools or something like that, after it sits on that one file for around 20mins, the installer fails, what am i doing wrong?

Perhaps the CD as not been well downloaded (That happened to me once).

Have you run a md5sum, so check if the ISO was well downloaded?