Re: xen-pae and headerfiles

Hi Frank,

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 01:43:13PM +0200, Frank wrote:
> By default the xen-pae version is installed but I don't need it because
>   the maschine has only 512MB.

All x86 Debian kernels are PAE.

> Should I still use pae and how could I get rid of pae packages?

If you're using x86 (and not x86_64) then you need the PAE
hypervisor.

You could compile a custom kernel that is not PAE, and then use the
non-PAE hypervisor, but that sounds like a lot of effort for not
very much gain.

> Also by default no xen header files are installed. Are they optional or
> what for xen uses it?

What header files do you need exactly?

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB